Welcome to Carlybird's Home, my Christian book review blog!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Lioness Arising by Lisa Bevere



Every once in a while a good comes along that really speaks to me.  Lioness Arising is one of those books that really spoke to me.  I have always had a great love of nature and the nature of animals and the fact that the author was using the lioness to draw comparisons to Christian women was fascinating to me.  I suspected I was going to enjoy reading this book, but beyond being an enjoyable read, this book is also a challenge to Christian women and this book has a message that many books lack.  Lioness Arising encourages women to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves.  Lisa Bevere encourages women to protect the defenseless, especially children.  

Not only is the message of this book a good message, the delivery is very well done.  The author is encouraging and challenging without being confrontational or talking down to the reader.  I can imagine that is not easy to do when tackling a subject like this one.  Lioness Arising is an excellent and enjoyable read.  It is written in a compassionate and sensitive voice.  Lisa Bevere is a woman who wants to show compassion and speak up for those who are in need of a lioness to protect them.  The parallels she draws between the lioness in nature and the Christian woman in the world are interesting and her research made this book much more in-depth and easier to understand her examples.  I highly recommend this book to all Christian women.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great review! Thanks so much for sharing. We would love to use your review for future promotion. If you have any concerns with this, please email: SSeier@MessengerInternational.org, Thanks so much. We love you!