Welcome to Carlybird's Home, my Christian book review blog!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Mugzy's Corn Pudding

It's that time of year again and it just wouldn't be Christmastime without my mom's Corn Pudding recipe.  She used to make it each Thanksgiving and Christmas and it has been a family favorite for years.  She passed away in 1997 and I managed to hang on to her recipe and I make it every year, at least once.  Here is the recipe if you would like to add it to your family Christmas tradition.


Mix together:

1 - 15 1/4 oz can of whole corn
2 - 14.75 oz cans of cream corn
5 eggs*

Stir into corn mixture:

1/2 - cup of milk*
1/2 - cup of melted butter*

Mix together and add to above:

1/2 - cup of sugar
4 - Tbsp of corn starch
1 1/2 - tsp of Season-All
1/2 - tsp of dry mustard

Pour into a greased casserole and bake one hour at 400F.  Stir once after about 30 min.


*This is not meant to be a healthy recipe, so if you try to make it healthy, it won't come out right (believe me, I've tried).  Use large eggs, and not the healthier cage-free, hormone-free eggs.  They make the corn pudding runny.  For the milk, it comes out best with whole milk, although it's not bad with 2%.  Anything healthier than that makes the pudding runny.  And for the butter, just use regular butter.  I use salted and I don't know if that makes a difference, but again, the healthy butter will make it runny.  So, go all out and enjoy this delicious recipe that will be a wonderful compliment to your ham or turkey dinner!  Merry Christmas!

No comments: